What is the League of Women Voters?
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that
- Encourages informed and active participation in government
- Works to increase understanding of public policy issues
- Influences public policy through education and advocacy
Membership in the League is open to women and men age 16 and up. With 99 years of experience and 850 local and state affiliates, the League is one of America’s most trusted organizations.
A Short History of the League of Women Voters
What does the League of Women Voters do?
- Works to increase voter turnout: voter registration, produce/distribute voter information
- Educational programs and forums: assemble experts to discuss complex issues
- Candidate debates
- Local and state studies on member driven issues
LWV Stamford By-Laws updated May 2018
©League of Women Voters of Stamford
Last edited October 9, 2019